top of page

Need a Competition License?

VSCR does not issue competition driving licenses.


According to our General Competition Rules, we recognize other racing organizations’ licenses, including SCCA, SVRA, RMVR, IMSA, etc. In addition to recognition of licenses, we allow drivers to race with us if they can show completion of a professional competition drivers school, such as Skip Barber, Bondurant, or Russell. 

The ideal vintage racing license is one provided through the Vintage Motorsports Council(VMC). As a member of the VMC, VSCR can recommend our drivers for a VMC license, which will be recognized by all affiliated vintage racing clubs, assuring you eligibility at virtually all vintage racing events in the U.S.

To apply for a VMC competition license, you will need the following: 


  1. VMC application form, filled out and signed.  Download form here.

  2. Passport size/type (head shot) photo

  3. Check for $25 to the Vintage Motorsports Council

  4. Completed current medical examination form. Either the SCCA form or the VSCDA form is acceptable, as well as those of other licensing bodies.

  5. Must have completed a professional competition drivers school, and/or demonstrate significant race experience.

  6. Must have completed 3 incident–free events in the last 12 months (flexible on the point in terms of number of events, NOT on being incident–free).

  7. Must be a member in good standing of VSCR.


Put the above items together and send them to Steve Nichols, 441 Fremont Street, Anoka, MN 55303. He will sign off on the application and forward it to the VMC. They will send your license to you directly. 

For any questions or concerns contact Steve by email (preferred) or call 612-306-1022. 

bottom of page